Applications for Leadership Duluth 2021-2022 are closed.
Applications for 2022-2023 class will open in May 2022.
Leadership Duluth COVID-19
Leadership Duluth 21-22 sessions will be held in-person, following Minnesota COVID-19 guidelines. In the event state guidelines restrict in-person gatherings, Leadership Duluth sessions will adapt to a virtual format, and be re-evaluated on a monthly basis.
Purpose of Leadership Duluth
Vision: Leadership Duluth is a premier community leadership program designed to identify, orient, develop, and network existing and emerging leaders to enhance the future growth and prosperity in our area.
Mission: To identify, educate and inspire leaders.
– Educate participants about Duluth’s cultural and business history, as well as the current issues facing our region.
– Invite participants to work together to foster and facilitate positive change in their workplaces and in the community.
– Equip participants with skills that will assist them in being more effective leaders in their workplace and in our community.
– Inspire participants to take active leadership roles within the causes with which they identify.
Applications are open to any interested community member who has the desire, enthusiasm and commitment to develop his/her leadership skills and knowledge for the benefit of him/herself, others, and our community.
Applications must include the completed application form and at least one letter of recommendation.
Applications for 2022-2023 program will open May 2022.
The Director and a committee of past Leadership Duluth participants will review the applications and make class selections. The committee strives to make each class reflective of the diverse people and viewpoints that make up the Duluth community. We welcome applications and inquiries from anyone committed to creating a new network of informed and committed business community action-takers. The selection committee chooses the class with a conscious effort to ensure that the group reflects a cultural, life experience, and gender balance between the profit, nonprofit, public and voluntary sectors. The most important factor in the Leadership Duluth membership selection process is the identification of those individuals most apt to use their leadership skills for the long-term benefit of our community. The typical class member will be a resident of the Twin Ports, have both a demonstrated interest in building leadership skills, and possess a commitment to be involved in the community.
Candidates for Leadership Duluth demonstrate:
- Interest in and commitment to being an active participant in Leadership Duluth
- Dedication to setting and attaining goals
- Commitment to seeking and cultivating leadership roles
- A desire to understand issues facing the Duluth community
- Willingness to participate in problem solving and resolution
- Interest in going beyond conventional thinking to search for new opportunities for fundamental change and growth
Tuition for the 2020-21 program is $1500 for Chamber Members and $1900 for non-Chamber Members. Once you have been selected into the program tuition is due..
Leadership Duluth programming is developed and executed by the Director with the volunteer support of a talented Steering Committee. Leadership Duluth connects participants with resources and opportunities to interact with community leaders, all of whom generously volunteer their time and expertise. The value of these volunteers and their contributions are immeasurable. Additionally, financial support from area businesses and organizations allows Leadership Duluth to be more financially attainable for participants and their employers.
Leadership Duluth does not provide refunds after the class starts.
The integrity of the program requires that participants be present and on time to the greatest extent possible. Please consider your availability carefully. If you know that your schedule will preclude you from attending the sessions regularly, it may be best that you wait until the next program year to apply. We do, however, understand that emergencies happen and we will work with you in the course of the year to ensure that you and your classmates receive the full benefit of the program.