By educating participants about Duluth’s cultural and business history, along with current issues facing the region, Leadership Duluth aims to unite, equip, and empower emerging leaders to foster change within their workplace and community. Through a structured series of educational and hands-on opportunities, participants will come to understand the inner-workings of these components and how they contribute to the Duluth area’s overall health. Leadership Duluth participants commit to one full day of leadership training per month throughout the program, plus occasional bonus days and events. Topics include: Culture and Heritage, Human and Community Service, Health Care, Courts and Law, Economic Opportunity, Local Advocacy, Sustainability, Infrastructure, Leadership and Tourism. In addition, one service project will be organized, implemented and completed by assigned groups to benefit an area nonprofit organization. Participants will receive a cumulative review of the elements of a healthy community and be awarded the opportunity to reflect upon the contributions they make throughout the program. Finally, in response to Leadership Duluth’s call to action, participants will be asked to share their service project progress, plus their personal and business intentions for the future.
CANDIDATES for Leadership Duluth are:
- Committed to be an active participant in a year-long program.
- Willing to meet / network with classmates.
- Willing to be challenged beyond their comfort zones.
- Regarded as creative, responsible and effective individuals.
- Willing to surpass conventional thinking to seek new growth opportunities and fundamental change.
PARTICIPANTS in Leadership Duluth:
- Engage with area leaders.
- Build access to area organizations and institutions.
- Gain industry and community awareness.
- Build lasting relationships with class members, area leaders and Leadership Duluth underwriters.
CLASS COMPONENTS of Leadership Duluth:
- Industry, organization, and community exposure.
- Hands on involvement.
- Professional networking.
MISSION : To identify, educate and inspire leaders to take action. Designed to orient, develop and network existing and emerging leaders. Leadership Duluth inspires participants to take an active role in ensuring the health and prosperity of our area.